M i s s i o n
S t a t e m e n t
Our mission is to provide all youth an opportunity to participate and excel through the sport of hockey while building and developing sportsmanship, self-esteem, confidence, and respect for others.
Duluth Amateur Hockey Association
partners with the
Bayfront Blues Festival
The Duluth Amateur Hockey Association (DAHA) will once again partner with the Bayfront Blues Festival this summer, August 8, 9, and 10, 2014. We will need volunteers to help DAHA staff the beer and wine tent. 100% of our profits will be distributed to our programs, rinks, families, and players. We had a great group of volunteers last year, and we had a lot of fun! Please consider volunteering for a shift during the Blues Festival weekend and help us support our young players and neighborhood rinks! Call or email the DAHA office if you have any interest in volunteering.
Minnesota Wild Launches Little Wild Learn to Play!
The Duluth Heritage Sports Center this fall will be the Host to the "Little Wild" Learn to Play Program.
The Minnesota Wild in cooperation with MN Hockey, CCM and Total Hockey has started the Little Wild program as an opportunity for kids to try the game and also to grow the sport of hockey here in Minnesota.
This program is for boys and girls between the ages 5-8 and have not played organized hockey before. Each participant will be outfitted from head to toe with Little Wild branded CCM equipment and receive four (4) hours of on-ice instruction for $100.
• Age Requirement: To be eligible to participate, children must be no older than 8 or younger than 5 on August 1, 2014.
• Four (4) practices will be held on consecutive weeks at the same rink/date/time
• Skating lessons are highly recommended before the start of the Little Wild Program. Little Wild participants should be able to skate the width of the ice without falling before they come to the first Little Wild clinic. For more information on skating lessons, please check out your local community education or rinks for classes.
• The program is intended for children who have not participated in an organized hockey program before. Children who have registered with a local Minnesota Hockey association previously are not eligible to participate in this program
There are a limited number of spots, if interested please sign up as soon as you are interested
Please click on the link for more details and to register your child, www.wild.com/littlewild
• Indoor arena management (ice rental, facility maintenance and management)
• Game scheduling
• League coordination in NE Minnesota (District 11)
• Learn-to-skate program for ages 5-10 year olds
• Coaches and referee clinics
• Open Skating for Families and Community
• Financial assistance for new players and those in need (over $10,000.00 in 2013-2014)
• Tournaments for all levels that support teams and associations
• Coaches and oversight of Peewee, Bantam, and Junior Gold “A” level teams
• Governing body for USA Hockey and Minnesota Amateur Hockey Assoc. rules and guidelines
• Clearing house for information on rule changes
• Funds from Teammates in Success to support hockey and arenas ($40,000.00 annually)
• Grant seeking for arena and hockey program improvement
$9 million + in economic benefit from the winter hockey activities
DAHA began operations in 1963
There are 10 Rink Member Associations
There were 739 players for the 2013-2014 season
Playing levels and team numbers for 2014-2015
Coed: 7 Mite 1 teams (ages 5-6)
7 Mite 2 teams (ages 7-8)
11 Squirt teams (ages 9-10)
7 PeeWee teams (ages 11-12)
5 Bantam teams (ages 13-14)
Girls: 1-8U team, 1-10U teams, 2-12U teams, 1-14U teams
*A Total of 43 teams*