This full-time position provides leadership to support and facilitate the promotion and development of youth hockey in the Duluth community. The Executive Office Administrator will assist in the administration and management of DAHA services such as fundraising, tournaments, advertising and sponsorships while also serving as the association’s registrar.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Handle all matters related to player, coach, manger and board member registration and serve as DAHA’s chief liaison with USA Hockey.
- Be the point-of-contact with local hotel partners and manage invoice activity.
- Secure dasherboard and wall signage sales for Fryberger Arena and sponsorships for DAHA tournaments.
- Oversee DAHA’s current programs, such as “Learn to Skate” and help create new initiatives to promote player recruitment and development.
- Serve as tournament manager for all DAHA regular season tournaments.
- Help manage DAHA’s social media channels (Facebook and Twitter) and the association website (duluthhockey.com).
- Assist DAHA Player and Coaches Develop Committee with pre-season evaluation duties and aspects of the All-City squirt program.
- Supervise the posting of all DAHA sub association tournaments on the web site and dispersion of registration fees when necessary.
- Spearhead and manage fundraising efforts, including seeking out grants, for DAHA’s Hank Jensen Financial Aid Fund.
- Assist DAHA Executive Director and DAHA Board President with developing monthly board/rink director meeting agendas and minutes.
- Maintain files for DAHA correspondence, meetings, etc. and help update DAHA’s Bylaws and Playing Rules when necessary.
- Work with DAHA’s bookkeeper and CPA on various budgetary matters.
- Other duties as assigned by the DAHA Executive Director or the DAHA Board of Directors.
- Strong organizational and communication (writing and oral) skills
- Leadership experience
- Familiarity with Word, Excel, Adobe Suite and Google Suite software.
- Sports Engine knowledge is helpful.
Reports to: The DAHA Board and the DAHA Executive Director
Please send cover letter, resume and references to DuluthAmateurHockey@gmail.com